I’ve basically tried every single fake tanning product out there, so you can really take my word for it when I say that Sunescape is a fantastic product. I’m such a fake tan connoisseur that I even compartmentalise my tanning products into subcategories – because you know…some are better depending on the circumstances…it’s a thing okay.
Anyway, Sunescape is truly my favourite for winter because:
– It’s not too dark. Sunescape offers two shades in their mousse range; a Week in Fiji and Month in Maui. Even their darkest shade promises a natural looking tan. Now I am all for a dark tan, but definitely not in winter. I steer clear of many of my favourite brands in winter because it looks so unnatural.
– It works quickly. Whilst I will often sleep in my tan to let it develop overnight, I have used Sunescape in the morning and washed it off 4-5 hours later, to still find I have a really decent colour. It’s perfect for when I have events on in the evening, because sleeping in tan is never ideal. I mean, I do it all the time but it’s definitely not ideal.
– It fades nicely. Now this one is a biggie for me, and probably the biggest factor in converting me to a full time Sunescape user. The Sunescape mousse does not come off patchy and fades a lot better than any other product I have used. Probably due to the fact that it’s not a super dark product, but again, ideal for the cooler months. Even though I get a good 3-4 days out of a full body tan (given I’m moisturizing everyday), I can still reapply a new tan within 7 days. Woo!
So now I’ve told you why it’s so great. Here are some tips for applying:
1. Exfoliate the night before
2. Use a tanning mitt – always!
3. Moisturise your ankles, knees, elbows and hands just before applying your tan
4. After your first shower, moisturise 1-2 times a day to keep your tan looking great for up to 5
days before you’ll probably want to go back to step 1 and repeat.
You can check out their range and shop online here.